ARK Petroleum Equipment Catalog Index Header Section
Moormann Brothers 2-S Installation Instructions
- Locate gauge position on ground - mark top edge of tank directly above ground location.
- Measure, cut and thread 2 " pipe( as marked on print).
- Use pipe dope on all connections.
- Assemble both A-30 elbows and 2" pipe as shown on print.
- 5. Screw(1)elbow A -30 onto 2 " pipe with reducing bushing, close nipple and union as shown on print;
other A-30 elbow into 2" nipple in tank then screw other end of 2" pipe into tank elbow, make straight with tank marking.
- 6. Level 2" pipe, use temporary wood brace or alignment flange, if necessary.
- Cut and thread both ends of 2 1/2" x 67" pipe.
- Assemble A-59 Base, Collar, Brass Hook and 2 1/2" pipe as shown on print.
- Measure and cut 1" pipe allowing for threads into A-36 observation case and 1" union.
- 10. Assemble 1" pipe, A-36 observation case, 1" close nipple and B-3 eccentric cap.
- Remove A-33 Caps from both elbows.
- Thread tape from tank elbow with numbers up and clip end first through 2" pipe and over elbow pulleys,
down through 1" pipe, A-36 observation case and out B-3 cap, around counterweight pulley and up,
fasten to hook on housing collar as shown on print.
- Fasten tape to float with tape clamp (as per print) CAUTION- Do not fasten tape clamp too tight as this may damage tape.
- Place gasket on housing collar and put counterweight inside 2 1/2" housing. CAUTION - Do not let
counterweight drop or jerk as this causes damage to the bearings - be sure the tape is in pulley groove.
- Place outside strand of tape over tape guide in observation window, CAUTION- Do not bend or kink
- lf tank is empty adjust tape reading at 1-3/8"( float draft), if it is partially full set reading exactly with stick, make major tape reading adjustments with the float by slipping tape through tape clamp. Minor
adjustments(within 1" make with observation finger).
- In setting the reading on the gauge 1/2", 1/4" or even 1/8" is not close enough, be particular, set gauge to the exact amount of liquid in tank.
- CAUTION- Let float down in tank easily. Do not let it drop.
- Assemble observation frame and lid A-34 & A-38, place on A-36 observation case - tighten for vapor-proofing.
- Replace A-33 elbow caps with gaskets- tighten for vapor-proofing.
- Fix base for housing either, concrete, wood post, or steel plate welded to tank, CAUTION- Do not
weld gauge housing to tank.
- In most climates, condensation forms inside the tank and gauge. A drain plug has been provided for draining at the bottom of housing. In most climates this is necessary 2 times a year(spring & fall).
However, in extreme cases draining is required more often.